Free Shipping on CA Orders Over C$65
Last Updated: August 14, 2019
1. INFORMATION COLLECTED
When you use our Sites, we collect your personal information and non-personal information. The types of information we collect from you depends on the Sites and the features you use on the Sites. Personal information refers to information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular person. Non-personal information refers to information that does not identify an individual personally, and may include technical information. Please note that over time, non-personal information may become personal information due to regulatory developments, technological advancements or the co-mingling of personal and non-personal information. The various types of information we collect from you may include:
- Purchase Information: We may collect your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, telephone number, credit card number and expiration date when you make a purchase. This information is used to provide the products and services that you have ordered or requested, to process and ship orders, to send order and shipping confirmations (or other transactional information) and/or to provide customer service.
- Information Collected In-Store: We may collect your name, email address, mailing address, zip code, and preferences if you complete a form within the store. This information will be used to provide you with products that may be of interest to you and to provide you with information that you request.
- Account Information: We may collect your name, email address, mailing address, zip code, date of birth, and gender if you create an account with us. This information will be used to help you keep track of your orders, to keep you updated about special offers, updates related to the Sites, and to facilitate checkout during purchases.
- Information for Commercial Communications: We may collect your name, email address, mailing address, gender, and birth date if you sign up to receive promotional emails from us. This information may be used to contact you about sales, special offers and new features available through the Sites.
- Information Relating to Inquiries: We may collect your name and email address if you contact us with a question or request a Live Chat with us. This information may be used so that we can respond to your question or contact you should we disconnect from our Live Chat.
- Information for Promotions: We may collect your name, email address, and other contact information if you participate in a promotion (e.g., contest, sweepstakes) that we sponsor. This information will be used to fulfill the terms of the promotion and to contact you regarding promotional and special offers, sales, and new features available through the Sites. It will also be subject to the terms accompanying such promotion.
- Survey Information: We may collect your name, age, zip code, shopping habits, email address and/or mailing address if you choose to participate in one of our on-line surveys. This information will be used to help provide us with relevant information about our consumers.
- Usage Information: We may collect usage information passively, while you are visiting or interacting with the Sites. We call this “passive” collection since you may not know that this information is being collected when you visit or interact with the Sites. This information may consist of the following items: website visitors’ IP address, IP address-related information, system Media Access Control address, network configuration information, network device information, browser plug-in type and versions, and operating system. Additionally, like any online site or service, our mobile application automatically collects certain information such as your IP address, device information (e.g., the unique identifier of your mobile device, hardware model, operating system version, mobile network information), and the URL from which you access our application. You are not required to affirmatively submit any personal information to us in connection with the general use of our mobile application, unless you make a purchase through the application, in which case you must create an account.
- Information from Other Sources: We also may obtain, collect and aggregate information (including personal information) provided to us by our marketing service providers and other vendors. That information may include information on current subscribers or customers, and is used for a number of things including enabling us to send you the most relevant, timely and exciting offers and announcements specifically tailored for you and your interests. Of course, you can update your information or change your preferences regarding receiving announcements and other information from us at any time by accessing your account via the Sites. (For more information, see below section entitled How To Access, Correct and Update Your Personal Information?)
2. COOKIES AND OTHER SESSION IDENTIFIERS
Adobe Analytics — We also use Adobe Analytics. For further information on Adobe Analytics and to opt out, please click here: https://www.adobe.com/privacy/opt-out.html.
While we recommend that you leave cookies turned on as they allow you to take advantage of some of the features of the Sites, you have the ability to control the use and moderation of our cookies. However, if you elect not to allow cookies to be placed as provided herein, you may not be able to use or to enjoy all of the services and features of the Sites. Specifically, you can configure the settings on your browser (i) to receive notifications when you are receiving new cookies, (ii) to disable cookies or (iii) to delete cookies. Please refer to your Web browser's help section for information on how to do this.
3. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
We may use the information we collect as necessary and to fulfill your requests, including in the following ways:
Access and Use: If you provide personal information in order to obtain access to or use of the Sites or any functionality thereof, we will use your personal information to provide you with access to or use of the Sites or functionality and to monitor your use of the Sites or specific functionalities.
Internal Business Purposes: We may use your personal information for internal business purposes including, without limitation, to help us improve the content and functionality of the Sites, to better understand our users, to improve the Sites, to protect against, identify or address fraudulent activities, to manage your account and to provide you with customer service and to generally manage the Sites and our business.
Marketing: We may use your personal information to contact you for certain marketing and advertising purposes, including, without limitation, to inform you about offers, contests or surveys which may be of interest to you and to display content and advertising on or off the Sites which may be of relevance to you. If you wish to change or update your personal information or to change your subscription preferences, you may do so as provided herein. We also use your personal information for other marketing reasons, such as administering our loyalty programs.
Specific Reason: If you provide personal information for a certain reason, we may use the personal information in connection with the reason for which it was provided. For instance, if you contact us by email, we will use the personal information you provide to answer your question or to attempt to resolve your issue and will respond to the email address from which the contact came.
4. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share the information described in Section 1 above to the following categories of third parties in the following circumstances:
Order Fulfillment and Fraud Protection: If you choose to make a purchase on the Sites, we may collect from you your credit card number, billing address and other information related to such purchase, and we may use such collected information in order to fulfill your purchase. We may also provide such information, or other personal information provided by you, to unaffiliated third parties as necessary to complete your purchase (for example, to process your credit card). In addition, we may share your personal information with fraud protection services to assist us in preventing fraud and protecting our customers from credit card fraud.
Agents, Consultants and Related Third Parties: As noted above with respect to our eCommerce service provider, we sometimes engage other companies to perform certain business-related functions on our behalf so that we can focus on our core business. Examples of these services include, but are not limited to, payment processing and authorization, fraud protection and credit risk reduction, product customization, order fulfillment and shipping, marketing and promotional material distribution, website evaluation, data analysis and, where applicable, data cleansing. In connection with services those partners provide for us, we may provide or otherwise give them access to certain personal information. We employ a vetting process to assess our partners’ data protection practices.
Third-Party Marketers, Partners, and other Third Parties: We may also share your personal information with other marketers, partners, and other third parties, whose products or services we feel may be of interest to you. These third-party marketers, partners, and other third parties may use your personal information for their own purposes, or further disclose your information to other third parties. If you prefer we do not share your personal information with these types of parties, please email us at email@example.com.
Legal Requirements: We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law (including, without limitation, responding to a subpoena or request from law enforcement, court or government agency) or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary (i) to comply with a legal obligation, (ii) to protect or defend our rights, interests or property or that of other customers or users, (iii) to act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Sites or the public or (iv) to protect against legal liability or potential fraud, as determined in our sole discretion.
5. HOW TO ACCESS, CORRECT AND UPDATE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can access, correct and/or update certain personal information that you have provided to us by clicking on "Update Account" within the "My Account" area of the Sites.
6. STEPS TAKEN TO KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SECURE
We take commercially reasonable measures to ensure the security and confidentiality of your personal information. We have implemented information security measures that contain administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to reasonably safeguard your personal information. Even though we have taken and will continue to take significant steps to protect this information, no company, including us, can fully eliminate all security risks associated with personal information. Please understand that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. Understand that any information that you transfer to us is done at your own risk. If we learn of a data security system breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the Sites or providing personal information to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Sites. We may post a notice via the Sites if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive written notice of a data privacy or security breach. If you have reason to believe that your personal information that we have collected or our system security has been breached, please notify us by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. YOUR CHOICES AND INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS
You have several choices available when it comes to your personal information. We will honor the choices you make regarding your personal information. If you have created and maintained a user account on the Sites, you will be able to sign in and update your account (including contact) information. You may also write to us at the address provided herein to update your contact information or to change your subscription preferences. In addition, you may:
Limit the Personal Information You Provide: You can use the Sites and limit the personal information you provide either by disabling cookies or by not registering an account with us. If you choose to limit the personal information you provide and/or to disable cookies, you may not be able to use certain functionalities of the Sites. For instance, in order to purchase goods and services on the Sites, payment and shipping information must necessarily be provided.
Manage Your Subscription Preferences: We may send your information by email or text message. If you provide your mobile phone number and ask to receive information by text message, we may provide information in that manner. Additionally, we may send automated text messages (if you provide consent). Where you consent to receive automated text messages from us, please note that your consent includes consent to receive both autodialed and/or pre-recorded telemarketing text messages or non-automated messages from or on behalf of the Company and its affiliated companies at the telephone number you provided. You further understand that consent is not a condition of purchase and that message and data rates may apply. Additional terms and conditions, including message frequency, are provided at sign-up for any automated messages.
Opt Out of Marketing Emails and Texts: For email marketing, you will have an opportunity to change your subscription preferences by clicking on an "unsubscribe" hyperlink contained in all promotional emails sent by us or on our behalf. Please note that while we honor all subscription requests as timely as possible, it may take up to ten (10) business days to become effective. Please be aware that even if you opt-out of receiving future promotional communications, you may, if you utilize the eCommerce features of the Sites, be sent certain transactional communications related to the purchase or shipment of items purchased. Thus, if you order online, we will send you an email confirming your order and may need to contact you by phone, email or regular mail if we have questions about your order. Additionally, an opt-out will not remove you from messages that we are required to send under relevant laws or regulations. You may ask us not to contact you by text message at any time by responding to a text message after it is received. For automated text messages, you will have the opportunity to opt-out by replying “STOP” to any message received. Please note that you hereby consent to receiving a confirmatory message in response to any opt-out request. We will process your unsubscribe request as soon as possible, but please be aware that in some circumstances you may receive a few more messages until the unsubscribe request is processed.
Social Media & Other Public Platforms: You may also manage the sharing of certain personal information with us when you connect with us through a social media platform or application, such as through Facebook Connect. Please refer to the privacy settings of the social media website or application to determine how you may adjust your permissions and manage the interactivity between us and your social media platform(s) or application(s). That said, we want you to be aware that when you post information to public forums, including publicly viewable social media platforms, that information will become available to all who access such platform pages. PLEASE BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL WHEN DISCLOSING ANY INFORMATION IN CHAT ROOMS, FORUMS AND OTHER PUBLIC POSTING AREAS. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE BY OTHERS OF THE INFORMATION THAT YOU DISCLOSE IN CHAT ROOMS, FORUMS AND OTHER PUBLIC POSTING AREAS.
If you are located in the United States, you have the following individual rights:
- You have the right to request information about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect about you, as well as the categories of sources from which such information is collected, the purpose for collecting such information, and the categories of third parties with whom we share such information.
- You have the right to request information about our sale or disclosure for business purposes of your personal information to third parties.
- You have the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information to third parties. From January 1, 2020, you can exercise this right through the "Do Not Sell My Personal Information" link in the footer of our Site.
- You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information.
- You have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising any of these rights.
If you would like to exercise one or more of the above rights, you can contact us using the contact information provided below.
8. LINKING TO OR FROM ANOTHER WEBSITE
The Sites may contain links to other websites not operated or controlled by us (the "Third-Party Sites"). The policies and procedures set forth herein do not apply to any Third-Party Sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such Third-Party Sites. We are not responsible for the actions of these Third-Party Sites; rather, the owners and operators of all Third-Party Sites are responsible for all personal information provided, collected, maintained, stored or otherwise disclosed on those sites, if any. The links on the Sites do not imply that we endorse or have reviewed the Third-Party Sites, including their privacy policies, if any. If you have any questions about how these Third-Party Sites’ use your personal information, we strongly encourage contacting those sites directly for information on their privacy policies and practices.
9. HOW WE RESPOND TO DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
Please note that our Sites do not support “Do Not Track” browser settings and do not currently participate in any “Do Not Track” frameworks that would allow us to respond to signals or other mechanisms from you regarding the collection of your personal information.
10. INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM CHILDREN
11. ACCESSING THE SITES FROM OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES
13. DISPUTES AND AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE
- to the Company at: Quiksilver Canada Corp., 111-2433 Dollarton Highway, North Vancouver, BC V7H 0A1, with a copy to: Boardriders, Inc., Attention: Legal Department, 5600 Argosy Circle, Building #100, Huntington Beach, CA 92649
- to you at: your last-used billing address or the billing and/or shipping address that we may have on file for you.
Both you and the Company agree that this dispute resolution procedure is a condition precedent that must be satisfied before initiating any litigation or filing any claim against the other party. IF ANY DISPUTE CANNOT BE RESOLVED BY THE ABOVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROCEDURE, YOU AGREE THAT THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION FOR SUCH DISPUTE WILL BE DECIDED BY BINDING ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS. ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS MEANS THAT YOU WILL NOT HAVE, AND YOU WAIVE, THE RIGHT FOR A JUDGE OR JURY TO DECIDE YOUR CLAIMS, AND THAT YOU MAY NOT PROCEED IN A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED, OR REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY. Other rights that you and we would have in court will not be available or will be more limited in arbitration, including discovery and appeal rights. All such Disputes shall be exclusively submitted to JAMS (www.jamsadr.com) for binding arbitration under its rules then in effect, before one arbitrator to be mutually agreed upon by both parties.
14. CHOICE OF LAW
15. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
16. CONTACTING US
Quiksilver Canada Corp.
Attention: Senior Counsel, Legal Compliance
5600 Argosy Circle, Building #100
Huntington Beach, CA 92649
P (714) 889-2200 – Monday thru Friday 7am to 6pm (PST)
Do you have something you'd like to share with us, or a question that calls for our attention? Call or chat with one of our representatives.
8:30AM – 5PM PST (Monday-Friday)
*Excluding US Holidays
Get an immediate answer to our most frequently asked questions.